Click images to enlarge.
- On the Home tab of your calendar, select "Calendar Permissions" in the Share section.
- You will see two levels listed, Default (which automatically has free/busy time permissions) and Anonymous (which has no permissions). This means that users outside of UNC cannot see anything of your calendar, and users inside SOG can see only whether you have times indicated as free or busy. The Default permission level can be changed, though calendars cannot be shared outside of UNC. You can also add individuals with different levels of permissions.
- To add an individual with a specified permission level, select "Add..." then use the address book to select the person or people to whom you wish to give a certain permission level. Then use the drop-down "Permission Level:" menu to set the level. With the different permission levels, the detailed permissions in the Read, Write, and Delete Items sections will change accordingly. You can click on different levels to see what the detailed permissions for each level are.
To change the permission level for a person or group of people, click the person/group, then use the "Permission Level:" drop-down menu to select a different level.
- Read permissions refer to how much detail of your calendar events is visible to those at the specified permission level.
- Write permissions refer to whether those at the specified permission level can create events on your calendar, and whether they can edit only those events created by that person, all events, or not edit any events.
- Delete permissions refer to whether those at the specified permission level can delete only those events created by that person, all events, or not delete any events.
- Select "OK" if you are done making changes, or "Apply" if you want to see the changes you've just made, but still have more changes to make.