Below are instructions for configuring your SOG email in Outlook for Mac (click an image to enlarge it).
- Open Outlook, go to the "Outlook" menu, and select "Preferences..."
- Under Personal Settings, go to "Accounts".
- Click the button beside "Exchange or Office 365".
Alternative method: If you already have an account setup or don't have the previously mentioned button, you can click the "+" in the lower left corner, then select "Exchange".
- Enter yourOnyen@ad.unc.edu for both the "E-mail address" and "User name" and enter your Onyen password. Then click "Add Account".(This will still use your @sog.unc.edu email, the other address is only for email configuration.)
- You may see one (or more) messages like the one pictured below. Click the checkbox beside "Always use my response for this server" then click "Allow" for each message pop-up.
- When your account is configured, you should see the account listed like in the image below. You can then close the Accounts window and Outlook will begin loading your messages and calendar items. This can take some time to complete.